Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A natural sinus infection solution

"Sinus Infection? Is that you sneaking up on me? Do you know who you are messing with? I think you picked the wrong person. I'm not putting up with you. Find someone else to make miserable...."

I don't know what it is about sinus infections, but they make me feel miserable. I don't put up with it since I know what will make it go away just as fast as it came: raw garlic. Garlic is the natural alternative to an antibiotic. Works like a charm.

Here's how:
  • Each day, swallow 4-6 freshly minced raw garlic cloves a day, on a full stomach, with some water (rub a stainless steel spoon on your tongue and chew parsley to remove the garlic taste/odor).
  • And the most essential component: my garlic nasal rinse.

I have tried a neti pot, but for some reason, I just can't get it to work for me. Then I discovered the NeilMed SinuFlo Ready Rinse bottle at my local drugstore. It works so much better than the Neti pot! Rather than just using saline for a nasal rinse, when I have an infection, the best remedy is raw garlic. I cut up 1 garlic clove and mash it up with some water, strain it, then put it in my nasal rinse bottle. I added enough water to equal about 1 1/2 to 2 ounces. Then I irrigate my sinuses with the garlic juice water. Wow! Almost instantly it has an effect and within a day or two, my congestion disappears! It should not burn your sinuses. If it does, then you can just add more water.

I typically keep taking the garlic for several days after the symptoms go away just to be sure it is gone for good.

1 comment:

G. said...

Hello, I have been diagnosed with MRSA in my nares. I am curious to know if the Garlic rince will help to get rid of the MRSA? I have read were garlic kills bacteria and would be nonresistant. Do you have any advice on this? Also is this garlic you would buy at a grocery store? Very interested!